Search & Win

Swidget 1.0

Custom Search

Friday, July 11, 2008

My Friday...

Pretty much just laundry. That will be my weekend, too. Sad. See, we don't have a dryer- wait, that's not true. We don't have a working dryer. So, these past ten months (wow, ten months!!) that I've been in school, Todd has been in charge of laundry. He washes it, takes it to his Mom's to dry it, balls it all up in the basket, and leaves it to wrinkle before I could fold it and put it away. I just handle everything else around the house. Fair workloads, right? Hmm, not so much.
So, since he has kept up the laundry, why is my weekend going to be spent on laundry? Well, see, him being caught up on laundry means that our laundry closet is full of dirty blankets and pillows because his mom won't let him dry those things at her house and we don't have a clothes line to hang them out. That has to wait for me to take to the laundry mat to use the huge washing machines. Okay.
Well, since the laundry closet is full, we had dirty laundry in a hamper in my kitchen next to the basement door (the washer and broken dryer are in the basement). Somehow that one hamper overflowed to the floor. I washed, dried, folded, and put away FOUR loads of laundry in the last two days, and STILL HAVE SIX LOADS LEFT!! Yes, six. Not a typo.
See, now I should have done my chores the same way as him, and I could be watching him scrub moldy dishes that have been sitting since Christmas!! I am a bit irritated with him. I love him, but I would like to suffocate him with a dirty, smelly pillow!

2 comments:

TabyKatt said...

Kyle has always insisted on doing his own laundry for some reason, and I always left him. Until I realized that "doing laundry" means he washes, maybe, 10 things, then throws them on a chair or on the floor. Guys. Haha.

Hawkfeather said...

i can't stand laundry- i dunno why but I don't do it- my kids and lorne do.. yay that.

I wish ya lived closer- we could leave our motherly chores and hang out.. do naughty things and such.