Search & Win

Swidget 1.0

Custom Search

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The weekend

Not too much going on. We are almost prepared for school. If it were up to me, we would be completely done getting prepared for school, but the boys insist they need new backpacks. I mean, I just bought every thing they could possibly need brand new. Why do I have to buy another new backpack for each of them when the ones they have look new still? I guess if I were the one going to elementary school, too, I would want a new one. But I hate to do it. So, Grandma is. I told her I didn't think it was necessary, so she offered to buy them. She also bought them each three pairs of pants and a shirt for school and mailed them to us. My Mom is a really good Grandma at times.
We organized all of Todd's school stuff yesterday. He got a list of necessary supplies with the letter that gave us the date for orientation. Luckily, we have everything he needed, plus a lot more. We still need to get him a red ink pen. Can you believe that in a house with three students, I can't find one damn red pen?? Other than that, I bought way too much stuff. When I find Crayola crayons on sale for $.20 a box, I can't resist buying 8 boxes. I'm waiting for Luc's orientation to see if there is a list of needed supplies for him.
I went out to the college the other day and bought my books for my four fall classes. Four classes. Five books. $751. Seriously. I still can't breathe.
School starts for Todd and Luc on September 2nd. My first class that I have to show up for starts that Thursday, the 4th. I have two online classes that start before then, but they don't have any specific time. I can do that stuff at 2AM if I want. Only two more semesters. 7 1/2 months. I can barely wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buying school supplies is literally one of my favorite things to do... no joke.