Search & Win

Swidget 1.0

Custom Search

Friday, August 22, 2008

Crafty Days...

Today, Todd told me he wanted me to make him a bag out of these fabric squares I have. (They look like bandanas; they're called batik squares.) He didn't have any idea what he wanted, so I decided to make a messenger bag. I used the batik for the sides facing out, and two layers of this soft, thin black fabric for the inside. For the flat parts like the front and back and the flap that hangs over the front, I put pieces of cardboard wrapped in batting between the pieces of fabric to keep the shape of the bag. I don't have a strap for it yet.
Here it is before I sewed the sides together.
Inside... (those white spots aren't really there, must be my camera...)

Here it is sewn together...

Looking inside...

Side view...

I think it's too wide. I'm considering taking a few inches off each side. First, I want to get a strap on it and put some books in it, and see what Todd thinks.

Here is the blanket I made after I trimmed the yarn ties down to an inch each.

1 comment:

Laura said...

The bag is so cool! And that blanket looks awesome with the shorter ties!