Search & Win

Swidget 1.0

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

bla bla

What's going on with me? Nothing to say lately.
I've started the past few days to work out every day and really trying to watch what I eat. It's hard because I'm still breastfeeding this monster-child. Now that my thyroid levels are finally normal, I hope that this makes a difference. Isn't that crazy? I had that sucker removed in April of 2006, and the levels have just recently normalized. Between the thyroid being removed and the following pregnancy/breastfeeding extravaganza, my body just doesn't know what normal is.
So, wish me luck. I'm trying not to focus on weight, but I guess more... size. If that makes sense. I want to fit in all of the clothes that I have outgrown by Christmas. I think that's realistic. And then, I want to be able to wear a nice dress at my graduation in May. That's almost a year. I've heard of many people who have lost 100 pounds in a year, so I should be able to slim down, right??
Luc went to his summer program all last week. He really enjoyed it. He ended up sick on Sunday night. He was better by 11:00 pm, so I took him and dropped him off Monday morning. I took Todd with me to a local park and we went rollerblading. (I told you I'm trying to get in shape!) By the time we got home, Luc was laying on the couch. ??Uuummm?? What?? Grandma went and got him because he was sick. So, he didn't go again today just to be sure he's feeling better. He hasn't needed tylenol today and he's been playing so I think he's back to normal.
About the rollerblading trip... There is this pond in our town that has a paved path that surrounds it. We went and rollerbladed around it. I just got the rollerblades because Todd just learned how use his and I thought it would be a good thing to do together. I hadn't rollerbladed since I was about 15, so 10 years!! The first time around the pond, Todd fell about 20 times. When we got around by the parking lot, he decided to put his shoes back on. He went to play in the park, and I went around on my own. I went around 4 more times. I was feeling good. I was moving fast, too! The 4th time around, I was about 3/4's of the way to the end, and I lost my balance. There was no stopping it. I fell. I skinned and bruised both knees and my right wrist. I was so embarrassed! It didn't look like anyone saw me, but I felt like an idiot anyway. So, I got up, and poured water on my bloody wounds to clean them up. I thought about taking the skates off and walking back to the parking lot, but I sucked it up, and limp-skated back. I put my shoes on and walked around again twice.
Today, I started jumproping in my garage. At least in there, my neighbors won't laugh at me...
So that's it so far.

1 comment:

Rob said...

I was pleased you dropped by!
As I read this I was expecting you to say someone fell in the water, it would have been a softer landing anyway although even more embarassing I suppose. Well done on your weight loss efforts, of course you can slim right down! I really have to get to grips with proper exercise too, I intend blogging more often about how it goes.I'm self teaching about computers though I doubt if I'll ever make any money at it as all my friends who have computer problems with old machines are broke but I enjoy finding stuff out. All the best to you and the family!