Search & Win

Swidget 1.0

Custom Search

Saturday, January 3, 2009

11 years ago...

On this date, 11 years ago, life was so different. I lived in a foster home. I was with my mom for a weekend. Since I basically hated her, I was actually spending the weekend with my friend Jackie. She had convinced me to come over, telling me that there was this boy she knew who was cute, had long hair, and was in a band. That's all I needed to know! LOL! I was 15; those were the things I liked then. Jackie grew up in the same neighborhood as Todd, so they had known each other for years and their families knew each other, too. So, I was hanging out with Jackie and her cousin Marcie when I met my husband.
Marcie was an ugly, disgusting girl. Todd showed up with his friend Mario. Todd and I liked each other right away. Marcie liked Mario. So, when they left, Todd and I traded phone numbers, and so did Marcie and Mario. Mario gave Marcie the number 777-7777. Yeah. She was mad. I kind of was, too. I mean, he could have made up a number that was at least believable, right?
Knowing that the weekends I could go to my mom's meant that I could go to Jackie's and hang out with her and Todd really helped me get through the whole foster home situation. Within a few months, I moved back home with my mom, and then not long after that, I moved in with Todd. The rest is history...

No comments: