Search & Win

Swidget 1.0

Custom Search

Saturday, October 25, 2008

My new job

Today was my third day at TJ Maxx. I am so back and forth about whether I like it or not. I don't like it because it's retail and it's stressful and the hours suck and the pay pretty much sucks. BUT the hours are the same I would get in any retail job, the pay, too. It's stressful in possibly a good way. How? Well, it keep s me active. Extremely active. I think stress like this can actually be good for me. It's a responsibility. It keeps me thinking. Of course I have someone to answer to, but if it doesn't go right or if it doesn't get finished, I'm not going to be upset or get a bad grade or anything. The people I work with all seem really nice. I was scheduled to work this Friday (Halloween) from 5 to 10. I was upset because I wanted to take my kids out trick or treating. I asked this one girl if she would want to trade shifts so I could have that evening off. She agreed to do it right away.
They have contests with how many credit card applications you get. I won a can of diet Pepsi and a popcorn ball for talking with someone about a credit card when they brought it up to me. I wasn't pushing it or anything.
So, I hate it, but I like it. We'll see in the next few weeks as it gets more into the holiday season and people piss me off more.

No comments: